Tuesday, September 19, 2017

"When someone calls me on the phone it just feels so aggressive. If you need me in a crisis, I'm your girl. But if you just want to go get coffee, well, that's just too much."

Kathy Craig had a dream. She dreamed that not only would HS Juniors and Seniors show up to help at Wyld Life events, but that they would have an adult leader who loved them and pursued them by meeting with them regularly to help them grow in their faith. That dream is coming true my friends. All 35 of our HS leaders are partnered with one of our 8 adult leaders. I love the consistency of meeting with the same group of girls, doing Wyld Life ministry with them and getting to watch them grow and take ownership of their faith. I love getting to live into this dream. 


My life got SO MUCH BETTER today at approximately 11:36 am. I had just gotten my blue tray from the cafeteria, was headed to eat with the English teachers, when I spotted the one and only Gracie Burke working in the dish room. I LOVE THIS GIRL. Gracie has been part of the YL fam for years and always greets me with the best hugs. Today we had to exchange a couple high-5s over the counter, but I'm thrilled to know she's working here every Tuesday.


On this #tecumsehtuesday I was reminiscing about the glory days of summer. Hands down, this was one of my very favorite moments from the summer of 2017. Friday night, week two, end of Session 1. I'm not sure how it started, but suddenly I was part of a dance party meets songfest in the middle of Main Field with almost all of the Longhouse girls. I remember thinking in that moment, "This is why I do what I do." I miss these girls so much and can't wait to get to see them in December at our reunion.


My morning started at 6:13 with the WL leaders, I taught at school for 7 hours and then for the first time ever in HSE history, we had Junior High Parent Conferences for the next 3 hours. THEN I had to be back at school by 6:30 for our final Camp T training meeting. I was exhausted (mostly mentally) and needed dinner and a new lease on life. So you know what I did? First I went to Dairy Queen and got a mini blizzard and a hot dog (my favorite) and then I went to Chik Fil A and got a kid's meal. Sometimes, we just have to live life on the edge. I felt reckless and alive and so happy with my culinary choices.


The Camp T meeting was grand, our counselors are awesome, Cecilia celebrated her birthday and we still got out and headed home by 8:30. Plus, everyone is pumped that our school will now be doing Archery instead of Canoeing while we're at camp. Boo-yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment