Monday, September 4, 2017

"Ooo, look what you made me wash. Look what you made me wash. Look what you just made me wash." Pits 2017

We've done it again. 5 days of Timberwolf Lake Family Camp Pits Work Crew (aka washing dishes at camp in MI for about 500 people all weekend long). 

Road-tripping Thursday after school with Katie, Gidget, Mal, Maddie, Meric and Cass
Making it to Lake City in time to get ice-cream at Tasty Treat right before it closed



Getting out of the car and having a dance party in-front of the TWL entrance sign


10 minute abs with our whole crew in the cabin and everyone laughing so hard
Worship the first night in the Club room with S. Martin


Exploring camp Friday morning and freaking out because we were at Timber Wolf and not at school 




the Big Kids-- Elise, Maddie, Meric and Cass


the Little Girls-- Mal, Katie, Olivia and Jayla


Returning from last year's crew-- Jayla, Gidget and Maddie


All three years of Pits together-- Maddie and Gidget


They're quite the crew-- I'm such a fan of these girls


One of my favorite parts of the weekend-- watching Maddie and Jayla run "Orientation" for the other girls Friday at breakfast and lunch as they learned how to do the clean and dirty sides


Getting to spend the whole weekend with my best pal Smelko (Dining Hall Boss and Pits Boss)


Playing during our breaks on Monday-- sending postcards from camp to pals, unloading families luggage, boomerang stories, coffee from Carlton's


New Family Camp tshirts (our favorite ones yet) and a new YL pennant for my classroom at the Clubhouse


Temporary friendship bracelet tattoos with Smelko for our forever friendship


Our team dominated dinner Friday night and finished in the kitchen by just after 9:00-- unheard of on the first night
Kitten/Unicorn Shirt Saturday with Maddie
Hannah Blachly is at camp!!!!!!!!!!


Laughing and hanging out with Cassidy all weekend long



A surplus of time to hang out with all my adult friends-- Smelko, Hannah, Bailey, Christina


New flag! Old friends! I'd been waiting till this weekend to break it out but it's going up in my classroom in the Clubhouse on Monday


Smelko and I love Work Crew, and being pals, and TWL, and ice-cream in the afternoon



Living in the kitchen with the crew-- too many freaking forks and stacks of plates and silverware to sort and pitchers to dump and sheet pans to slide and bowls to rinse



10 meals of dishes and I was so thankful that these were the girls I got to work with


Mal played for us before our meeting Sunday night and ended up playing in-front of more people than she ever had before


After two days of anticipation, Cass delivered a hug to Smelko from Alaina


Country accent dinners and making up old memories


But then we always come right back to the Pits






Sunday night we made it out of the Pits in time to see the Square Dancing going on


Had a casual dance party in the dining room with Work Crew


Stopped in Holland on the way home Monday afternoon to have lunch with my parents, Lincoln and Redford



Finally made it back to Fishers by 7:00 Monday night after driving country roads to avoid traffic--we were so happy to see our people

Pits 2017 was a success. A huge thank you to Cass, Meric, Maddie, Elise, Jayla, Olivia, Katie and Mal for all of their hard work. Love you long time girls and I'm so proud of you.

Honorable Mention Blog Titles:
"Everybody gets a pair of Chacos!!!!"
"I'm Farmer Brown!"
"Want some ice? It's ok- I washed my hands."
"I'm trying to bring Uggs back this year."
"What does he do? Isn't he some kind of ceramics guy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment