Sunday, September 24, 2017

"My face hurts from smiling. Justin. Wow."

Saturday I woke up with a ring on my finger and remembered every bit of Justin's proposal the night before. We got to spend all of Saturday together which was perfect. We headed back to Indy and then got to go to an engagement party that night at the Halkyard's. They generously insisted that they would throw us a party when Justin first told Todd his plan to propose weeks ago. Little did I know, so many people were in on the plan and knew exactly when we were going to get engaged. 


Saturday night was filled with so many family members and friends-- it was a bit surreal to have all of them in the same place. We are so lucky to be surrounded by such a supportive, encouraging and loving community of people. Thank you so much to everyone who celebrated us-- in person, via text or facebook message or Instagram comment-- your excitement was so felt.


Sunday morning I headed back to Tecumseh with the rookie counselors for our school field trip that is only a week away. We hiked all over camp so that they could have a better idea of where everything is and feel prepared to teach lessons to their study group of kids.



While we were in the Lodge I couldn't help but peak my head into the Party Room and think, "Hey, this is where I just got ENGAGED two days ago." I didn't think it was possible, but this room is even more special to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment