Monday, September 11, 2017

"I don't know how we just started singing Taylor Swift but I love it."

At Young Life, you just might end up feeling so overcome with emotions that you spontaneously start crying tears of great joy.


I have a note beside my desk that says, "Community is more than just fitting someone into your schedule." It's a reminder to really be present with people. I love Monday nights because that's what happens week after week. These kids and leaders show up because they want to connect. 


I love that this family just keeps growing. There are new kids every week that I'm getting to know. Tonight I got to meet a girl who told me that her family is Muslim. From the urging of her friends, she wanted to come check out Young Life. We always tell kids, "You don't have to agree with us to be with us. You don't have to believe to belong."


We're just over a month into the school and I love the trajectory that we're on. I feel like we're bound for great things this year-- in conversations, experiences, relationships. Let's keep showing up my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment