Tuesday, September 26, 2017

"I hope you know you're capable & brave & significant. Even when it feels like you're not."

It wasn't just family and friends who thrilled that Justin and I got engaged. The kids at the Clubhouse this week  have been throwing, "Congratulations Miss Wright!" at me in class, in the hall and on the way to buses at the end of the day. Two interactions are going to stick in my memory for years. 

#1
Last Thursday one of the boys in my class had the realization that I'm still MISS Wright...
Boy: You're not married?!?! (with a horrified look on his face)
Me: Are you surprised because I'm so old?
Boy: No! Because you're so... likable!
Me: Thank you-- that is one of the nicest things anyone has told me in so long. 

I couldn't wait to tell him I got engaged. 

He walked into class yesterday...
Me: Look! (I held up my ring)
Boy: YOU GOT MARRIED?!?!
Me: Not yet, but I got engaged! So I'm going to get married!
Boy: WOW! That... Is... So... DELICATE!
(Boy gives me the biggest hug he can muster)

#2
I knew that Ellie girl would freak out when she found out. She saw my post on Instagram Saturday morning when she was eating breakfast and immediately started crying at the table. 
Monday morning she burst into my room with a card for Justin and me and an engagement gift. She is the sweetest. 


Today I finally got to see Ally Reid who has basically moved her from Texas. She's in the Wilderness Guide Girl Gang and just so legit. Smelko and I took her back to Taco & Burrito place, she gave me a Magnolia sticker and we got to hang out for over an hour. This is the stuff dreams are made of.


Anticipation is mounting...
4 days till the YL Summit in Southern Indiana
6 days till the Camp Tecumseh Field Trip for the Clubhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment