Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lil' Lincoln

This kid is so photogenic. He loves when we take his picture.


Oh. My. Gosh. I love this. Fav pic.


He is so precious and funny.


And most of the time just really sweet.



I don't think you can see too many pictures of Lincoln. Here you go.












Eventually it was time for me to go back to Indiana and leave the fam. Don't worry, I'll be back soon.

I stopped in at Hope College, one of my favorite places in the world, to visit some really great friends.

Susan loves Hope this year and it's so clear that she found a home here. She's involved and building strong friendships and leaving her mark on this place. God is using her in profound ways.


I got to hang out with Hannah, Laurie, Gabrie, and Fudge while they were studying in the Science Center. I got nostalgic walking into the building where I used to go to math class upstairs, had lectures before the Tanzania trip, and celebrated SIB activation brunch in this room. I got to catch up with the girls and hear a bit about what their lives are like as Seniors. When I graduated they were just baby freshmen and now they're in their final semesters and soaking it all up.


While I was visiting these friends all over campus I kept thinking that if anyone were to visit Hope on a beautiful day like today they would be sold right away and want to go here. There is something really special about this place.


My last stop was to visit Krissy Roth, fellow SIB and Camp T counselor, at her house. Oh my gosh I love this wall above her desk.


And this on her shelf. Such truth.


And I mostly love getting to sit and talk with her and instantly fall into a heart to heart. Krissy is one of those people that I just know I can trust. She wants to hear my story and she vulnerably shares her own with me. It can be months between talks but she continues to be such a great friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment