Sunday, October 16, 2011

Love actually is all around.

The movie Love Actually begins with Hugh Grant speaking,

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world I think of the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport. General opinion is starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed but I don't see that.
It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly newsworthy or anything dignified but it's there. Fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the twin towers as far as I know none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge. They were all messages of love. If you look for it, I have a sneaky feeling that love actually is all around."


This weekend I drove up to Holland, MI for Homecoming at Hope College. Even though visits are far apart this place still feels like home and these people still feel like family. Casey and I ran into Jarrod at dinner- Camp T love. Krissy and I got to pose like Erin O'Awesome.



I can hardly believe that all of these girls have graduated and found themselves in the real world--it's so fun getting back together.


I miss the days of coffee dates, talks in the window room, rush meetings, top 10 lists, Grand Haven weekends and being everyday friends with Case Face.


It was so good to be able to hang out more with Virginia my new ggbaby and to catch up with my child Wade.

It's girls like Koffie, Gabrie, and Ali that made me love being a SIB and that make the visits back so worth it.


Top 10 favorite things about the SIBs/Hope College:
1. The SIB cottage and living there Junior year
2. Being best friends with girls of every grade
3. Wear SIB sweatshirts every single day, especially the crusty letters and ripped up willed ones
4. Kletz lunches on Thursdays


5. Lunch dates at Good Earth and coffee dates at JP's
6. Walking through the Pine Grove and knowing you'll seeing friends along the way
7. Chapel Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings in the wooden pews of Dimnent Chapel


8. Going to class-- I love getting to know the prof and talking with class friends and learning about things I'm invested in
9. Traditions like the Pull, Nykerk, Up All Night breakfast
10. Rush and NME season


I love how wearing the same thing automatically makes a picture so cute.


I ran into Tracy and her whole family at lunch and then got to sit and talk with her for a long time that afternoon. Crazy that we met seven years ago and I think knows and understands me better than so many people. I got to see Sus at Lemonjello's, her favorite Holland spot.


The rest of the weekend was spent out at the Farmhouse, the new Dekoster residence. I think it's just perfect.

Mom, Katie, Lincoln and I played all weekend long. Linc, at two weeks old, is still the most precious child ever.


Loves to be held.


Loves to put his hands on his face. Is a real cute pumpkin butt. Loves to sleep. Loves quilts already.





It was a perfect weekend. I love the Sibs and I love Hope. I'm pretty sure I have the best family ever.

1 comment: