Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"I would love it if you would join my so called 'army' of support."

Things I'm Thankful For Lately:

Baby sitting little Luke and getting make him giggle, take him on an adventure, read books and cuddle, and sing him camp songs till he fell asleep.

My friends Maggie and Smooney who always have my back, know how to love me well and are always willing to make time for me. Friends like these two are irreplaceable. 

Getting to work in a school FULL of awesome kids. Teaching is not always easy, but the very best part of my job is the people I get to be around all day long. My people are 12-14 years old and they're some of the coolest and most hilarious people I know.

Meeting with Fratopher to brainstorm a new proposal for camp. I'm so excited about the potential of this project and all the people that could be involved. It's still in the beginning stages but stay tuned for more news on this one.

Reconnecting with my dear friend Casey, an old SIB and camp counselor. I got the most thoughtful surprise from her in the mail and a letter in her old familiar hand-writing. Talking to her reminded me that distance and time can't limit a great friendship. 

“The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
- Joseph Addison


Last week I got a text from my friend Karisa that read, "QUICK DESCRIBE CAMP AND ITS VALUES IN ONE SENTENCE." I replied right away and then asked if she could send me the responses of other people too.

-Camp has taught me how to love and how to be loved.

-Camp has given me a happier outlook on life and taught me to see beauty, fun and faith in everyday things.

-Camp shows counselors and campers how to live in a world and community where God is first, loving others with your words and actions is second and you are third as a lovable and capable person. 

-It's an accepting and loving place where everyone is taught to life themselves and others up through faith, friendship and joy.

-Camp? Camp is home. It's where I feel the most comfortable around people who support me through everything.

-A place where everyone is loved and celebrated for who they are.

-Camp Tecumseh exemplifies young adults leading the way for children to have a brighter faith-filled future through their actions and beliefs.

-At camp I feel like I am home.


No comments:

Post a Comment