Sunday, November 24, 2013

"Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock."

Sitting in Starbucks, or any coffee shop, and soaking up the smell of coffee, the conversations between friends is one of my favorite weekend treats. I worked on the blog this morning in between bites of a blueberry muffin and saying hello to people I recognized.
 

I met the Halkyard family at the Fishers Northview campus, aka the Junior High. Todd is a Young Life leader, Mel is also on the YL committee and Maddy is in my class and bible study. At school the cafeteria is transformed into a sanctuary on Sunday mornings.

I believe that God hard-wired every single one of us with a desire to do something significant for him. Do you want to leave a legacy? Do you want to leave an impact?

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Keep enduring. Keep reading. Keep preaching.


The Halkyards took me to lunch at the Hawthornes after church. We talked for over an hour as we ate brunch, asking questions and learning more about our families. I'm such a fan of them.


I went to see the new movie Delivery Man starring Vince Vaughn. It's the story of a sperm donor named "Starbuck" who unbeknownst to him ended up being the anonymous father of 533 children. While it's a rather strange premise, it was actually a really good film.


Today I got busy crafting. I love organization 99% of the time but when it comes to new projects I love the craziness and chaos of coming up with new ideas and making something awesome out of a montage of pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment