Friday, November 22, 2013

"You're so cute I want to throw a squirrel at you."

We met for Love Does early, early this morning with this group of friends. One by one we drew names out of a jar for our secret santa exchange. The gift has to be handmade and you can't spend more than $10 on the supplies for it. I'm excited to get busy on the crafts for the two girls I have.




My students were working in the upstairs computer lab which means I got to hang out with Trulock and KCraig during passing periods. I love that these people have become such good friends and that we get to high-5 kids, break dance in the hall, echo Trulock's spanish trills and help with KCraig's new #notjustforyou signs on the walls. I love when Milly and Izzy visit while handing out passes and that they do weird things like glueing their fingers together.



I stumbled across Dinovember today on the blogosphere. This is amazing. Go check out the link.


"In the age of iPads and Netflix, we don’t want our kids to lose their sense of wonder and imagination. In a time when the answers to all the world’s questions are a web-search away, we want our kids to experience a little mystery. All it takes is some time and energy, creativity, and a few plastic dinosaurs."

Tonight Jamie Z drove down from Purdue and a few CILT girls came over to hang out. Tay Hof, TFish, Rachel and Emily are all so much fun and we loved getting to just be together. There was a giant picnic on the floor, stories from CILTs...


talked about people we can't wait to see/meet at the reunion, devoured these pup cakes that Tay Hof brought...


colored surprises for Smooncat, fulfilled Rachel's dream of stacking markers to the ceiling, showed off the new Sesh 2 sweatshirts...


played Hit or Miss Tecumseh style and got a surprise visit from Oh la la Olivia. 


Today I'm thankful that my life is filled with so many extraordinary people all day long. I'm really lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment