Monday, December 12, 2016

"I hope one day that my daughters will grow up to be like you." Love Tanks

Today the 8th grade girls met for the last time this semester. Thanks to finals, we had a much smaller group in attendance which always leads to more conversation. We read through the Christmas story together in Luke and talked about what role in the story we would love to play. 


Later in the day as I was writing Love Tank notes to HS girls I was reminiscing about when I used to see them every single day. The consistency of seeing my 7th and 8th grade girls is something I never want to take for granted-- it's such a small window that I want to take advantage of. Kids like Mari Grace, Maddie, Brooke, Mallory, Brynn and Claire are phenomenal and I love getting to play this role in their lives.


We had a bit of a spontaneous Wilderness Reunion this afternoon which was perfect because we got to send our guide Alaina a birthday video. She cried. We love her. Wilderness was the greatest.



And just like we finish every semester in HSE Young Life, we gathered at the barn to write Love Tank notes to our friends. If every person has a tank of love inside of them then we want to make sure we're filling it back up with encouragement, support and prayers. It's our privilege and our responsibility to do that for one another.


Anna Morgan had the brilliant idea to make a love tank bag for Young Life itself.


Young Life, 
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow in my faith and be surrounded by amazing people! You rock my socks off! Anna Morgan


YL, 
Thank you for this amazing experience with my community of brothers and sisters in Christ. 


Young Life,
Thank you for everything you do and for changing my life. -Taylor


Young Life,
Thank you for showing me who Christ is and how to love others like Christ loves me! -Caroline

YL,
Thx 4 making Monday's 10x better. -Emma


Young Life!!!
THANK YOU FOR BEING MY HAPPINESS!!! Olivia

Young Life,
This has changed my life. It inspires me to be a better person every day. I am so glad to have Young Life in my life. Every time I walk in on Monday nights everything goes away except my love for Jesus. This is my safe haven. -Payton


Young Life--
All I can say is this organization has made the biggest impact on me and my faith... thank you forever. Love, Brooke


Honorable Mention Blog Title:
"Ok, what are we going to do about this gals?" "Well, I'm going to pray!"
"I search at church."
"I had a dog date on Friday-- it went very well. He was super sweet and very strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment