Monday, April 9, 2012

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver


Today was a great day.

have only one rule: Be your 

wild, courageous, brilliant 

self every single day. No

 matter what.


"How did he know when the yes was coming? How does anyone know when to keep going and when to just give up?" -Private Practice.




Tonight at Campaigners before we commenced with the singing, Riley came out with a special song... the Prom song. Hannah was just overcome with shock and love and joy and mild embarrassment and excitement and stayed in this posture the whole time. It was beyond precious. There were at least fifteen High School girls with their iPhones out recording the whole thing.



I finished The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer in the car on the way back to Indiana. This story was crazy, chronicling the life of Mara Dyer as she deals with PTSD, moving to Florida and dealing with visions and circumstances she can't explain. I tore through the book because I couldn't wait to find out what happened but then was confused by some of the loose ends of the plot. It's not my favorite lists yet but I will read the sequal when it comes out soon.


I love coming back to Campaigners week after week. This is one of my many homes and I love it here. I love being with these people, singing the familiar songs, scheduling in deep God talks, building friendships that are based on things that really matter.


I love that Riley and Ben are best friends. I love when girls run into the basement shrieking because they're so excited to see their Young Life leader. I love that Taylor, one of my old Young Life girls that I first met at Campaigners, came to visit me today and ate a school lunch with me and a couple of my students. I love that our group is a mix of grades and friend groups and personalities and it just totally works.

No comments:

Post a Comment