Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankfulness is a habit

One of the things camp has taught me is that thankfulness is a habit you can develop. When you make it a part of your routine to point out what you're thankful for, that attitude becomes second nature. 

I'm thankful for bagels with cream cheese and strawberry jelly on breakfast in bed morning.
I'm thankful for waking up to see some of my best friends and so many kids that we love each day.


I'm thankful that we get to worship in the Green Cathedral every morning.
I'm thankful for great friends in both River and Lake Village.
I'm thankful for friends that make me laugh, friends that inspire me, friends that I respect.


I'm thankful for the iPod Shuffle game and singing SO loud without caring what anyone thinks.


I'm thankful for the gift of watching campers become friends.
I'm thankful for the long walk between villages.


I'm thankful for mornings of team-building at The Leadership Center.




I'm thankful for group initiatives that teach us new things.
I'm thankful for getting to hear what other people think.



I'm thankful for Quilt Camp.
I'm thankful for performing our cheer for the first time to such an encouraging audience.


I'm thankful for giant problem-solving activities that stretch us to work together.




I'm thankful for the ability to really listen to someone else.



I'm thankful for my new bracelet from Sarah Meynard and that she knows how much I love camp.
I'm thankful for kind words.



I'm thankful for the power of trust in a group like this.
I'm thankful that we have two weeks to figure each other out.


I'm thankful for my students like Ally that come to camp.


I'm thankful for bi-weekly lunches in the Lake Village.
I'm thankful for ketchup art.


I'm thankful for old cheers and cabin pride and family style meals.


I'm thankful for weird friends like Kelsey and Arielle.
I'm thankful for people who love kittens.


I'm thankful for Smooney and Breezy.


I'm thankful for my third time at the Lake this week.
I'm thankful for matching bathing suits with Chrissy and Kendall.


I'm thankful for play time in the shallow end when everyone wants to be there.


I'm thankful for Lake buddies Jamie, Sarah and Alice.


I'm thankful for CILTs like Courtney that let kids put clay all over them.
I'm thankful that Arielle is teaching kids how to be snake wranglers by using noodles.
I'm thankful Jordan is a snake wrangler.


I'm thankful for CILTs that love hanging out with their adopted cabin.



I'm thankful that kids have so much fun on the blob they can barely handle it.


I'm thankful for nights when everyone wants to be really fun.



I'm thankful for up-for-anything attitudes.


I'm thankful for joy.


I'm thankful for fun.


I'm thankful for silliness.


I'm thankful for positivity.


I'm thankful for CILTs like Emily that are so good at seeking people out.


I'm thankful for CILTs. All 38 of them.


I'm thankful for bi-weekly games of Fugitive and the excitement before the game begins.


I'm thankful for adventures like hiding out with Elaine and Megan.


I'm thankful we spotted Jack in the woods and then Cody down the riverbank.


I'm thankful these CILTs are all about being stealthy lookouts.


I'm thankful Sarah Mooney wants to spend time with me and that together we can come up with a lot of ways to make the rest of the summer exceptional.


No comments:

Post a Comment