Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wyld Life Day 5- Sunday

I woke up early on my last morning at Timber Wolf Lake. I went to a meeting but then had love tank notes to finish and a final 1 on 1 with Haley as we walked around the lake. On final days I just want to soak everything up even if I have to wake up a little early.


We had one last morning of Real Life stories and cabin talk. Then we finally got to go on the Giant Swing. It was well worth the wait.


I was so proud of all the girls for giving it a shot and trying the swing.


Pine girls are really brave. Especially HayBut.


Libby and I had our 1 on 1 around the lake and then we had an hour left to play at the lake. I finally got to try a paddle board. Hannah and I went off the rope swing again and our kids went blobbing. I'm going to miss this place.



We have so much fun together in this place. I loved getting to hang out with Juliet, a Tecumseh girl, this week too.


I'm so thankful for the past five days. I love extra cabin time talks, wearing Young Life gear, running around the field, howling like wolves, singing Taylor Swift so loud, playing Ultimate Challenge, waiting outside the club room, hugs and bed time stories, dancing in the cabin, meal questions, daily trips to the Blue Ox, bandanna bracelets, love tank notes, 1 on 1 talks, being together all the time, being brave, seeing old friends, high-5ing Rainbow Dash, cheering on HSE kids, praying in a circle, being honest and living life to the full.


I know that this is just the beginning of a long story of Young Life with these girls--there will be more camp trips, nights in Campaigners, random adventures, talks over dinner, cheering at sporting events, taking pictures before dances, road-trips, screaming in Club and living life together.


We loaded onto the bus and many of the kids immediately fell asleep. Until we got to Pizza Hut for a quick pit stop. Then we settled in for a few more hours.


Around midnight we made it back to the North Central parking lot. We made a tunnel for the kids to run through as they got off the buss and greeted their parents. It was such an awesome week from beginning to end and I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about your days at Young Life camp. We are blessed to have you in our girl's lives. I can't wait to see how God works!

    ReplyDelete