Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"It smells like new in here."

Today was the first day I got to be Miss Wright for the 2012-2013 school year. My new classroom all ready to go and dressed in my first day of school outfit, I was eager to meet the 151 students that entered room 124.

I got to start learning their names and more about them and I'm so excited to spend the semester of them. In every class I have either a Tecumseh kid or a younger sibling of one of my old students--I love all of the connections. 


This afternoon was filled with some really hard things that I can't really wrap my mind around. There are just never answers to all the questions we have... mostly the question "Why?" But I know that we're not supposed to have all the answers yet. So I will try to live in the truth of this,

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:6-7


I went with Emily to babysit the Houghton kids tonight. I haven't seen them all summer and I loved getting to be around all of them and see how much they've grown up in even just a couple months. Ky and Nick both make me so happy-- I think watching their routines to Call Me Maybe was the highlight.


When I got home I had a letter waiting from Erin who was in my cabin the past two weeks. She'd never been to Tecumseh before but was a pro-camper by the time she left. I already miss her so much but am so glad she really gets camp,

"I already miss you a ton. I wish I could stay but see my mom and my dad once in awhile. What I really miss about camp is just being yourself. Where it doesn't matter how many times you where a outfit or how popular you are you can just be you."


2 comments:

  1. You are AWESOME! I wish Lincoln could be in your class some day. I really do. And how cool that Erin sent you a letter! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what Erin said in her letter. She is one stellar kid. Miss that sweet face.

    ReplyDelete