Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Everyone wants their life to count; God wants our love to multiply." Bob Goff

While shopping for CILT Reunion and Wyld Life Club supplies this afternoon I stumbled upon Crayola's newest marketing scheme. Meltdown crayons... I investigated their special canvas and crayons but they're just a regular canvas and box of crayons. Most of the people in my crafting world made this project last year, but perhaps there are still some kids out there who haven't discovered Pinterest trends like this.


I got to eat dinner with Rach and Emily tonight. I wish I could see them more often but I love when we get to grab dinner or just hang out at their house or go on a little adventure together. These are great friends and I'm so thankful for them.


Molly tagged Shelby and posted this picture on Annie's facebook wall today since Annie loves pine cones so much and maybe cried one about one because she was so sad she lost it, or happy she found it, or upset that it got smashed... it was confusing to all of us. Anyways, I thought this Daily Odd Compliment was so great that I followed the link to find more. I took the liberty of finding some of the best ones to share with you all.










Have you ever seen Kid President on You Tube? You should probably look him up. Hilarious kid who is also very lucky because he got to do a webisode interview with the one and only Bob Goff via tin can phone.


A brief recap of my favorite moments of their conversation:

Kid President: I heard you have a parade on your street every year.
Bob Goff: Yeah, we thought what if instead of just watching we're in the parade, we say everyone can be in it. You're all invited.
Pick someone who's having a really bad day and send them a Domino's pizza. Cost you $5.99 and it'll wreck their world! It would be great! Just send them a pizza.

Kid President: How can people grow up and not become boring?
Bob Goff: Particularly people who are my age but still young at heart, instead of correcting people or telling them what they are doing wrong we can inspire them!

Kid President: How can we be awesome?
Bob Goff: One of the things that occurs to me is learning how to make really good friends. The idea is to be connected. People who are young at heart get it. People who talk on cans and strings like you and me, we get it.


If you're ever in need of a little inspiration just check out @bobgoff's twitter feed:

No one is remembered for what they just planned to do.

No one grows up hoping someday they'll be typical. Get back to leading an inexplicable life.

Be the kind of light that makes people squint so hard they don't see you anymore.

The battle for our joy is usually fought on the pages of our calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment