Sunday, February 10, 2013

Yeah buddy.

We woke up early Sunday morning to get out the door, take a quick pit stop at Starbucks and make it all the way down to Common Ground for church at 9. I couldn't miss this opportunity to take all these girls to my church which is fairly contemporary, very informal and full of people that are passionately following God. We sang so many of my favorite songs and the sermon about having "No Way" moments with God was pretty awesome. This experience was new and different for these girls and I loved all of their questions and comments.
 
 
Mary Ellen met us there too and it was so fun to see Sarah for a little bit more before she had to head back to Chicago. I'm so thankful for friends like them that show up and inspire me to be the best version of myself.
 

Our day was filled with spurts of Operation: Do Good. Here's one important thing I've learned in life: If you play really loud music and call the activity a game, anything can be fun. So with those parameters we got everyone to help clean out the car, fold laundry, clean all three girls rooms plus two bathrooms, take out the trash, drop off stuff at Goodwill and organize the office. All that cleaning was actually really fun.

After dropping Libby at soccer, I went to Steak n' Shake with Had, Milly and Emma. Over cheeseburgers and french fries we did homework, wrote a letter, made lists and perused Instagram till it was time to get Libby.


This is definitely fun for a weekend but I don't know how soccer moms do it all the time.


The rest of our Sunday was filled with devouring more of the birthday sweets, watching TV, blogging, eating dinner at El Camino and hanging out with Jimmy Wallace. It's been such a great weekend with all of these girls. If only weekends could last a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment