Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Yesterday I was maxing out... Wait. Why is that funny?"

It's been awhile since we had a fiesta after school, but with softball quickly approaching we made it happen today. Rachel had to get her car jumped in the parking lot, Julia got to join us and we managed to convince our waiter to bring us a total of three baskets of chips. Katy also made us laugh until we were in tears so that was a success. 



I'm so thankful for the consistency of these girls in my life. They're the kind of people that you can't help but love for all of their quirkiness, integrity, creativity and kindness.



We did a second gallery walk at Campaigners tonight, this time checking out quotes that other people have said about the bible and Jesus. Once again we wrote down quotes, the author and why those words stuck out to us. There are pictures of my favorites from Brennan Manning and Shauna Niequist and here are a few more:



Jesus lets us be real with our life and our faith. -Bob Goff

A thorough understanding of the Bible is better than a college education. -Teddy Roosevelt

What Jesus said we could do is leave typical behind. -Bob Goff

The Bible was not given for our information but for our transformation. - DL Moody


We asked our kids to share their favorite quotes once we gathered back together. Each of them explained why they related to those words. It's really cool to hear 7th and 8th graders articulating their faith and inviting them to ask questions to know more.

Every one wrote down a couple questions and put them in a bag that KCraig drew out of. Jess, KCraig and I served as a panel again to try to tackle questions like, "Does the Bible start with the story of Jesus? Have you ever seen or heard Jesus? How do you know that God loves you?"


It is a holy and great responsibility to get to volunteer my time and share in conversations like these. Tonight reminded me of one of the verses I have hanging up at home, "I consider my life worth nothing to me unless I finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-- the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment