Monday, October 19, 2015

"I love that you are always straight with me. Except that time you did my hair and it looked awful." "Are you kidding me? That braid was from heaven."

My Happy Mail envelope arrived today, bursting with all kinds of happy. I'm telling you, this is the best gift ever for a card/color/creativity/writing loving person like me. My sister got me a subscription to A Beautiful Mess Happy Mail for my birthday and now an envelope shows up in my mailbox once a month bursting with fun for the next 30 days. You should get this as a gift for yourself or someone you really love. 


After school Chloe and I met for coffee at a place called Sure Shot Coffee neither of us had been to before. It's in the back of a store in downtown Fishers called Vardigan and it's so dang cool and tiny and eclectic. The espresso machine and coffee counter is actually in the clothing store, which is kind of confusing at first, but then we got to hang out and talk in the cafe part.


Chloe tried something called an undertow-- a sweetened coffee with a splash of milk sitting at the bottom of the cup, two shots of Espresso are added to the top and the undertow is set to be drunk like a shot. It was entertaining, but not her favorite thing. She'll stick to regular coffee next time. 


Oh holy this girl. She is wise beyond her years and has had a beautiful, steep learning curve in the last year and a half. Chloe is blunt and bold. I love having her in cabin time at camp or in campaigners on Monday nights because she makes people be real. Chloe's not into small talk. She's confident and crazy and changing the world around her by living a different story. 


"Oh sweet baby Jesus. Hallelujah!" is what KCraig says when Fred Bock brings us dinner for YL leadership. The man is a master in the kitchen and he cooks like he's feeding an army rather than a team of 10 people. There were chicken parmesan and eggplant parmesan sliders. CHICKEN PARM SLIDERS PEOPLE! We had meatballs, garlic bread, lasagna, vegetarian lasagna, banana bread and chocolate cake. 


This is the kind of dinner that dreams are made of. I couldn't get enough. Fred Bock is the King. 


And this cake. Oh holy this cake. Seriously-- that sprinkle YL logo. Who even thinks to do that? And those five layers of deliciousness. It was amazing. 


Monday nights are about reuniting with freshmen girls like Elise, Brooke, Meric and Taylor. They're about laughing with Genna and embracing her ridiculous together. 


Mondays are about embracing the anticipation of Ethiopia with Kaitlyn, KCraig and Julia. Who wants to come with us to Africa? Seriously though, let me know.


 Monday nights are sitting in a circle of girls and leaders that crave to know Jesus, want to know each other and hope that someone will know the real them. It's talking about Taylor Kuklish's bike riding adventures. It's stories from Gracie. It's moments when you think, "Yes, this is why we're here. This matters."



Monday nights are so important. I love Young Life and I love these people. "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people." Ephesians 6:18


Honorable Mention Blog Title:
"Check out this bracelet... So, what do I have to do for an upgrade?"

No comments:

Post a Comment