Sunday, October 11, 2015

"Right now I'm interested in bread sticks but I don't know what my life will be like on Thursday."

I'm going to be in Camp Tecumseh Field Trip withdrawal for awhile. The week was amazing on so many levels. For the first time ever, one of our HS counselors, Zach Silcox, carried around a gopro all week and made a Camp T video for us. It's phenomenal. Go watch it now. 


Chrissy Crowe texted me today and said, "I'm listening to some great songs I just have to share with you. They're so wonderful and I bet all your fun YL and Wyld Life kids would adore them." I hadn't heard Marvelous Light by Ellie Holcomb before and I totally love it. I don't think you can watch this music video without smiling.


Today I started the first of four days living with the Holzer kids. They live just a few minutes away from me in Fishers. While their parents are on vacation I'm playing nanny. The best part of the day with them today was going on a long walk/bike ride through the neighborhood with Caroline. Cami and Brookie, two of my fav YL girls, both live just down the street so the goal is to try to run into them every day too.


Words of wisdom from Glennon Doyle Melton today (this woman is brilliant),

Showing up is just: Hi. Here I am. There you are. This is what I have to offer you today. Nothing more, nothing less. I want to work from a place of service, not ego. Shift, shift, shift. Better. Truer.
Showing up > Showing off

No comments:

Post a Comment