Sunday, April 18, 2010

Almost Summer...

Today before heading home I got to visit the Day Camp open house. Families from surrounding cities come and visit camp to go down the black hole, climb Mt. Wood, get their faces painted, and enjoy a "sneak peek" of camp before it officially comes.

Day Camp counselors are there to help run the programs, see old campers, and see their camp friends.

As I walked around with my friend Sarah I couldn't help but think about how cool it is to see all of these "kids" become staff. In the past two summers I've had almost all of them as a campers. They have become incredible counselors as well as people and I'm so thankful that I had the privilege of getting to know them and playing some small part in their transition.

I love how camp has impacted SO many people. Our lives overlap for 9 weeks in the summer and a few days like today--even though they're few, they're some of the very best days.

No comments:

Post a Comment