Friday, January 27, 2012

"Doesn't get more intense than the Christian movie."

Lows
I hate when my eye twitches.
How are there still 7th graders that don't know how to use a stapler?


Highs
Bible study with girls before school this morning was great--I love that I get to be a part of it. There were new faces in the group and good conversation.
Daphne's smiling face and pig-tails greeted me first thing this morning to tell me a story.
I convinced Mark to read Bloomability so he could learn about girls.
A couple of my girls gave me their extra rice-krispy treats they made in FACS class today. They get brownie points for sure. (Did you know when I use the phrase "brownie points" in class they think it actually means points for earning a brownie?)
The notes Grace leaves on my board everyday.
Making lists during SLT with 8th grade girls. I had told them about all my recent nannying jobs and so they made lists of what we would do if I stayed with each of them.



Taking a nap right after school.
Reading The Pact. I don't want to put it down until I know what really happened with Chris and Emily.
Seeing Chrissy for a quick second, she just returned from Africa, before she and Coll left for Depauw. I can't wait for this summer when I get to see them all the time.


Getting pizza with MaryEllen on the run. I just really love pizza. And MaryEllen.


We ran into Carly Ball and her mom Libby at the movies and I was so excited to see them. After watching the movie together we stood and talked in the lobby for a long time.


After discovering no one wanted to watch either of these movies except us, MaryEllen and I decided we  should just watch both of them together tonight. Both so cheesy, both so great, both so inspirational. If you like Christian music soundtracks, scenes reminiscent of Sister Act 2, and moments sure to make you tear up then you need to watch these.


No posing, this is how MaryEllen and Kayla watched the final scene of Courageous.

1 comment:

  1. we just watched Courageous a couple nights ago! And I really want to watch Joyful Noise! Was it good?

    ReplyDelete