Monday, January 28, 2013

"It's like I'm playing with home court advantage."

I'm fired up. There's this song that Tyler Bender first introduced to us in Campaigner's last year that went, "Our God's not dead, he's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion." If today isn't proof of that I don't know what is.
 
After school I talked with KCraig, Haley and Kate about Jon's post about this generations decreasing micro-morality and increasing macro-morality. It's a topic that is so obvious but I don't think we've ever had such good verbiage to discuss it. We sat around a bowl of chips and salsa at El Rodeo and had such an honest conversation about it all. We got super excited talking about how right now especially it feels like we're in the middle of spiritual warfare-- that we can feel this battle between God and satan. We know that Christ already won and that he will come again, but sometimes we can feel the devil throwing everything he has at us.
 

But people don't pick a fight with someone they're not afraid of right? Isn't it cool to think about how when you're under attack, under persecution for Christ, that may very well be because the devil is so scared of what you're doing and the strides your making for Christ? God is doing huge things here in the lives of these kids. I've seen him do incredible things in just a few months and am confident that satan hates what's going on.

 
I've written letters to God a dozen times at camp and in Young Life, it's another way of praying and helps me connect in a real way. But today we flipped that over for the first time and each wrote a letter to the devil. It was pretty awesome. I want us to these warriors for Christ that are confident in what we believe and willing to stand up for it and defend it. Followers of a God that will stand up for us and fight for us when it feels like we can't. But right now, we're gonna run towards Christ with extravagant love because we won't be knocked down.


All the HS girls and leaders stayed in one group tonight and there was this electric energy in our conversation. We pray for hearts and ears to be opened and tonight I really think they were. I love when girls are brave enough to ask a question or say something they have never been able to say before. It's awesome when someone speaks up and her friends cheer her on. I love when they stand up for each other and spur on another on. This is what we're called to do.


I talked with Ellie on the way home about everything that had been going on today and she ended up writing her own letter to the devil too. At first you think it would be so weird, how do you even start? But here's the plan (you can do it too, really):

Step 1- Put your phone away
Step 2- Listen to a God song and doodle
Step 3- Keep listening to more of that music and write a letter to the devil

That's it. "The devil will come at me and the things that I love. But I'm strong enough to be a spiritual warrior. I can look the devil in the eyes and he will not win." Gives me chills. The devil sure got a lot of mail today. Let's send him some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment