Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thankful right now

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6:34

I've had this verse up by my desk the past three days and I'm working on trusting God right now and looking for what he's doing.  There is plenty to be thankful for right now.

1. Emel and Colleen being so positive every morning when the rest of the world is still half asleep
2. A warm house
3. Not having to live in need of anything
4. Parents who love me unconditionally and are willing to do anything to help me out
5. "Not for a moment will you forsake me, after all you are constant" by Meredith Andrews
6. A stable job that I'm passionate about
7. Living so close to so many people I love
8. Kids that make me laugh every day
9. The blessing and opportunity to be involved with something like Young Life
10. Talking to and making up games in the hallway with Mr. Hodgin every passing period


11. Getting to be a part of the lives of FBC girls
12. Drawing fun pictures with markers
13. How fun #tbt is on Instagram
14. The immediate blessing and peace of making time for God in my day
15. Hearing from old friends like Anna
16. The power of a combination like pepperoni pizza and Diet Coke
17. Trusting that even in the worst of situations that God is still in control
18. A dinner date with Ellie Fitz
19. Intentional conversation
20. So thankful for technology so that I can talk with friends that are far away


21. They rhythm of a week and how much of a relief the weekend promises
22. Being Pawsitive, put your paws up
23. Kevin leaving behind a little koala
24. The fun of playing Spot It as a giant team
25. When people surprise you in a good way
26. Seeing people you care about being successful or living out their dreams
27. Hope
28. Facebook being taken over by enthusiasm for CILT reunions
29. Seeing kids so excited about reading
30. When kids write notes to me on my white board


No comments:

Post a Comment