Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"She's a cute cat but she peed on my bed and she's a drug addict."

Today was a better day. Somehow No Pants Wednesdays generally are great days. I picked up Lauren, Katy and Mikaela after school to hang out for awhile and laughed so much. It's so fun to see these girls in HS now and how they're growing up but in some ways they haven't changed at all.
 

I went to the 8th grade girls' basketball game tonight, my first of the season. I got to sit in the stands with Emma and Maddie, watch both our school's cheerleaders and two teams of little competition cheer girls and yell for Olivia, Brooklin, Cailie and the rest of them team as they defeated Noblesville.


In the mail today I found a surprise from Annie Fazz. Her first year on Day Camp we started the tradition of writing down our Highs of the Day and then trading them each morning since we didn't get to see each other as much. We collect the other person's all summer and then give them back later in the year.



I got to flip through the pages and remember so many funny things from this past summer. Conversations I would have forgotten like awesome new chapels, times when I laughed so hard I cried, new traditions we created or little Braves and Blazers I became friends with.


 
Tonight I'm so thankful for Annie and that she helps me to be intentional, that she loves me well and that tonight she gave me a giant flashback of summer days in Choctaw.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment