Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Mr. Couch just gave him his hat!"

I've found that there is a pretty reliable formula for my outfits during spirit week here at HSJH: ridiculous outfit + anxiety of looking like a fool = compliments. The greater the craziness, the greater the positive response.
 

It's "Formal Day" here but I do No Pants Wednesday every week with a skirt or dress. This week I wanted to just wear leggings but still participate in the theme. Hmmm... what to do. I plotted a Wolf Shirt Wednesday Revolution and threw in my tutu to support the formal wear of the day.


My wolf pack is pretty solid. The girls howled in the hall all day and rocked those shirts even if some of them were 2 XL. I don't know if this tradition will continue, but if it does I'm sure we'll invite more people to join the pack.


Tonight I picked up Julia for one of our Disciple 2 meetings. We talked about Jesus praying in the garden, Spring Break plans, prayer requests, friendship-bracelet-ology and copying handwriting strategies. I will certainly miss seeing Julia and the rest of the YL girls while we're all away next week.


Do you know the songs, "Your Love Never Fails" by Jesus Culture and "One Thing Remains" by Passion? Today is a day I wish that I could gather up all my friends, my Young Life girls, my campers and co-counselors and sing those songs loud together. Sometimes we need that. We need to be reminded, "I know I still make mistakes, but you have new mercies for me everyday. Your love never fails." We need to say those words together, sing them out over and over again so they're rooted deep down inside.

 Even when we screw up or do things we regret God's love for us will not change. His words and promises are true and we can confidently sing, "Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me." God's forgiveness never runs out. Thank the Lord because we will continue to sin and make mistakes. But our God sticks with us, loving us no matter what, and sees us through. I pray that all of my people will know deep down in their soul that they are more than enough and they are not defined by their past. Their identity is found in the God who created all of us and loves us more than we will ever know. His love will never fail and never run out. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment