Thursday, August 28, 2014

"I did a midnight bagel call which is basically the equivalent of a midnight pizza call."

This semester new Wyld Life leaders are going through training to join our team of leading 7th and 8th graders. Part of that training includes a bi-weekly bible study of reading The Story together before school. Early this morning I met with Chloe, Hannah, Marie, Lauren, Audrey, Grace, Jacob, Brock, Chad, Natalie, Jenna, Alli, Haleigh and Kocher to talk about chapter and how Abraham and Issac and Sarah and so many other people lived by faith. I love that we're diving into this rich conversation together and growing our roots deeper.


Cross Country is my jam. My sister Katie and I both ran all through middle school and high school, even though we would have told you we hated it most of the time. Since I graduated I've still been a runner but I enjoy it a whole lot more now. It's also more fun to be cheering for kids like Elise, Audrey and Lulu too instead of being the one running in the race.


I go to my students' and Young Life kids' games, matches, meets and competitions all year long but my favorite sport to watch will always be cross country. I love that you get to be right next to the runners, as opposed to far away in the bleachers. I love that every single kid gets to play-- no starting line up, no substitutions, no time outs. I love that you're competing as a team and an individual. I love that it only lasts for as long as it takes you to run the course, no 2 hour games. Cross country rocks. 


One of the things we're encouraging our HS Wyld Life leaders to do this year is to show up at our Junior High sporting events. At our planning day we gave them all the times so that they can plug them into their calender. Today I got to hang out with Alli King and Haleigh Devoe on the course. I'm stoked that now when I go to events I'll not only see my Junior High kids but I'll also get to hang out with a couple HS leaders each time.


I took a hiatus from making bracelets over the summer because I'm too busy having fun, blogging and writing love tanks and parent letters to tie any knots. But now that I'm back in the swing of "real life" friendship bracelet season has officially started again. Here's my first batch of new bracelets featuring all my favorite color combinations as well as two mega bracelets that were a bit more time consuming. I'm excited for FBC to begin again next week with my returning 8th graders and a whole new crew of 7th grade girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment