Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Today's Letters

Dear HS Volleyball Girls,

Good work tonight with those digs, passes, sets and spikes. I'm always impressed with you whether you win or lose. I can hardly believe that another volleyball season has begun and that I'll be finding myself in the bleachers watching all of you. JV--you rock my homies. I'm one of your biggest fans and I love seeing you all play together. Freshmen-- Oh holy I've missed you girls. It was so good to see you play and then have you run across the court to hug me after you finished. You're phenomenal.


Dear Zionsville girls,

Remember when the power went out right after we got to dinner and they still gave us our food anyways? I'd rather eat pizza in the dark with you all than anyone else. CILTs of '13-- I loved seeing you girls after being away all summer. You're sweet and sassy and I just think you're great. CILTs of '14-- I loved being your counselor this summer and love that we get to continue being friends now. You three are phenomenal and doing such big things in the world around you...


Becca, I'm so glad that you're back in the states now so that I can see you in real life again. You're incredibly brave and kind. I'm so excited for our lives to overlap this year. Julia, thanks for being my friend and wanting to sit on the sidewalk and talk forever about life. You are a gem and I love getting to know you more and more.


Dear Camp Tecumseh, 

I love when Tuesday rolls around and I get to see everyone's #tecumsehtuesday pictures on Instagram. I'll be the first to admit that I post way more often than the average person which is usually frowned upon. But tonight Julia told me, "You know what Sarah? I admire you for all the pictures you post on Instragram." And I respect Julia Plant's opinion so I'll just keep keeping on with my pics of adorable Day Campers like Anna and shenanigans with Smooncat and Arie. 

Today I'm missing brushing-teeth-parties with Kelly, finding Ellyn eating candy right before she falls asleep, singing with Smoon in chapel, heart to hearts with CILT girls at night, sitting on a bench with kids before lunch, turtling during pool time with Sarah or Lilly, teaching FAB with Linsey and Molly, coordinating #ciltpack outfits, Avery's dance moves, seeing the Happ and Johnson sisters together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment