Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"She was so nervous to meet you she was shaking."

It's good to remember that even though we're back in school that doesn't mean that summer is really over yet. We can keep having fun every day, we just have to be intentional about making it happen. Today I got to adventure to the Indiana State Fair with Brookie and her friend Emily from Cathedral. I've been waiting to meet Emily for a year and it finally happened today.


We made sure we saw all the big, exciting parts of the Fair like the cheese sculpture, the world's largest Boar, the chickens and a cow getting milked. One of the best parts of the Fair is people watching so we did a lot of that too.


I knew that Riley Rapp was working in the t-shirt store right in the middle of the Fair so I went to find him and discovered that Hannah Blachly was working too! They're selling a ton of "Keep Calm and Eat Bacon" t-shirts this year. When we arrived at the fair Brooke, Emily and I predicted how many people we would see that we knew. I ended up with a pretty long list:
Lauryn Davidson
MaryEllen and Coleman
Shefali and Lindsey
Hannah Blachly
Riley Rapp
Raiona, Keiona and Brandon
The McKenzie sisters
Meghan Ernst
Erin O'Farrell
Olivia Theobald
I LOVE running into friends and the fair was perfect for that tonight. There are just so many people there I know I missed people I know too because I saw their pictures on Instagram once I got back home.



Priority number one was to eat a whole ton of food tonight. All three of us ate corn and lemon shake ups but then found other favorite foods through out the night: Dippin Dots, a hot dog, kettle corn, mozzarella sticks, chocolate covered strawberries, elephant ears, french fries and more.


Priority number two was to go on the rides. Brooke and Emily are crazy and they convinced me to go on two insane rides with them. One was the equivalent of a giant mixer that spun us around in a circle while we swung through the air so that your stomach felt like it was going to drop out of you. The second was one of those rides where everyone leans against the wall and the centrifugal force keeps you glued to the wall and you end up sliding up to the ceiling and feeling like your face is going to fall off.


Then I convinced the girls to go on my favorite, the Ferris Wheel. Emily was terrified because we were up so high and barely hanging on, but she faced her fear and made it through. So proud.


Tonight felt like one last grand adventure before my students show up tomorrow. I loved getting to play at the fair with Brookie and becoming friends with Emily Cherndown. They're people I'll always have fun with--my favorite kind of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment