Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"Mr. Brown said you would win in a fight with Mr. Hodgin because you would bring the Friendship Bracelet Cult and we would whip him with bracelets."

HSE YL IS FAMOUS! On our last night at Sharp Top Cove we had a Tim Halperin concert. He announced that he was making a music video for the song Young Life Girl and that we would all get to be part of it. Some of the footage in the video is from that night and the rest we saw glimpses of them filming during the week. It's pretty fun, you should check it out.


First Day of School Highlights
-Seeing old students when I walked around C Lunch, having Line and Hannah come to my room, seeing the guys in the hall, Garrett and Sean asking to be the new Lunch Crew
-Hannah Devoe and Eliza Wilson visited even though they're not in my class
-A kid first period told me, "I LOVE the periodic table of elements" and reminded me how funny these kids are
-A ton of kids that already want to be in FBC and Wyld Life
-So many younger siblings of my old students, this is one of my favorite things at the start of every semester


We had our first Sharp Top Cabin Reunion tonight at Olive Garden. Anne, Sam, Julia, Genna, Kaelyn, Kara and Allison came after practices so we were only missing Erin and Brooke. Hopefully next time all of us will be there. We all had huge appetites when we walked in and I wasn't surprised by how many times we asked for salad and bread stick refills.


After a crazy day, I was very content to just sit with these girls and hear stories about their first day back and how Volleyball and Soccer are going. These girls are like my family and being together is just comfortable. They're crazy and loud and so full of life. They want to keep having reunions all year which I totally support. we already have ideas about having a sleep out in the Barn and coming back to Olive Garden again. It's going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment