Sunday, August 3, 2014

"You're mean if you don't send your kids to camp."

After an incredible week at Sharp Top Cove with HSE Young Life we headed back to Indiana. Our bus broke down at a Pilot for two hours in the middle of the night, I got car sick with KCraig and we got behind schedule-- but we made it! It was a week full of good conversation, genuine laughter, adventures and memories that I won't forget. I'm so thankful for the group of girls I got to share that week with: Alli Sams, Samantha, Julia, Anne, Genna, Brooke, Kaelyn, Erin and Kara you're the bomb. 

Now I'm back at Tecumseh for one last week in the Summer of 2014. I can't believe it's flown by so fast. We expected to be Warriors, but Arielle, Ellyn and I are Blazer counselors again. 


Week 9 means we're going big. Swimsuits for swim checks and jumping in with our girls. Putting brand new things on the schedule. Taking opportunities left and right.


When the YL Camp store had Wolf Tanks I had to get one for Ellyn. She of course had the best reaction and then put it on right away even though it's not Wednesday yet.


Coming back to camp after being away really is coming home again. This is my place and these people are my family. Bring on 7 more days of daily pics with Ellyn. 7 more days of hanging out with kids I love like Erin.


 Tonight we came up with an original theme for Opening Campfire-- Choctaw Camp Crimes. Each of us got our very own Mug Shot.







We're a whole crew of camp criminals.  Ellyn got us all talkin in Jersey accents as we talked about doing time in the slammer and losing privileges like flashlights and snack time as our punishment.


But actually, these girls are really fun and we're so excited about hanging out with them all week long. So many of them are brand new to Tecumseh and we get to show them what this place is all about.


I can't wait to play with Catawba this week-- especially Molly and Suzanne.



Alice is here this week! We became friends a few summers ago and I think the world of her. She became friends with my girl Cecilia last week which is just so cool.

My girl Erin Williams is back! She was in my cabin two summers ago and we just became best friends. We've been pen pals ever since and I'm SO excited to hang out with her this week.


Lauren and Kendall are here again this week and I'm going to find a way to hang out with both of them a ton. They're such sweet girls.


The last opening campfire of the summer was awesome. These next 6 days hold so much potential. I'm ready to go big and live each day well.

No comments:

Post a Comment