Sunday, August 31, 2014

So many of my favorite people in the world

Friday morning kicked off early morning bible studies for the semester. I'm back with 8th grade girls, the ones I worked with all last year. My classroom is filled with kids that I don't know very well yet, so it's nice jumping back into life with these girls that I have history and friendships with. I took Riley, Elise, Amanda and Caitlyn to school and then they helped me hang up FBC sings during SLT at the end of the day.


Tonight I got to hang out with some of my very favorite people-- Hope, Abby, Grace and Katy. They're Juniors and hilarious and some of the weirdest and most fun girls that you've ever met. I hang out with them pretty often but it's a rarity that we're all free at the same time. 



Tonight we brought along Grace's siblings Ava and Luke and Abby's brother Clay because both sisters had to baby sit. We ate 5 Guys together and then went to the movies to see When The Game Stands Tall. It's about the HS football team with the longest winning streak in history in the season that they lost a game. I think all 8 of us loved the movie and would recommend it to anyone.

 

Saturday I met up with my friends Colleen and Julia in Zionsville for lunch. This pair is the sweetest and being around them just makes me a better person.


We dropped Colleen off at home which meant that I got to see her little sister Annie. When Annie opened the door her jaw dropped open and then she just jumped on me. Camp reunions, especially the surprise ones, are the best.


We hung out at the Leonard's for a little while, even climbed one of their trees and saw the roosters, before we headed to Julia's. Julia is on the Varsity Friendship Braceleter team but she still wants to learn more patterns so this afternoon we had a friendship bracelet session. She's so attentive and positive, she picked it up right away. Then we started looking back through the pictures of her CILT session and didn't stop till we'd seen them all.


Saturday night I hung out with a small group of Wyld Life leaders at KCraig's house. We ate ice cream and brainstormed and laughed and I got to hear all about the YL training she just attended. Then we all car pooled to the movies to see If I Stay. I read the book awhile ago but it was a totally different experience to see the story told on the big screen. I knew what to expect so I liked it. As soon as I got home I started reading the sequel, "Where She Went," which I've been saving. Oh. My. Goodness. I almost can't handle it.


Sunday morning I went to church at Northview and luckily got to sit right next to Maddie Halkyard and her family. The sermon was all about Grief which was timely in regards to the events of this past week. It gave me some interesting new things to think about.

Sunday night I got to attend the wedding of my dear friend Allison Stamer and her husband Matt Williams. Allison and I met when I was one of her YL leaders her Senior year of HS. We've been close friends ever since and she's one of my favorite people in the world that has taught me so much about faith, life, adventure and friendship. She's phenomenal.


This evening I got to watch Allison and Matt share the vows they'd written and get married in front of all of their friends and family. It was beautiful and I'm so glad that I was there. I'm so excited that this is just the beginning for them and that they now get to start on this journey together.


The best parts of the reception were the cake balls, sitting with a full table of my old YL girls all grown up, dancing with Allison, Susan and Kenzie's dance moves, shaking it out with Taylor Porter and TSwift's new song, and sending Matt and Allison off in a tunnel of lit balloons at the end of the night. So much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment