Tuesday, September 8, 2015

"I know jogging keeps you healthy, but God, at what cost?!"

Smooney showed me this article from the New York Times today about The Myth of Quality Time. So many connections to why I love being at Tecumseh or YL Camp with kids.

"People tend not to operate on cue. At least our moods and emotions don’t. We reach out for help at odd points; we bloom at unpredictable ones. The surest way to see the brightest colors, or the darkest ones, is to be watching and waiting and ready for them."

While talking about Netflix this summer I was told over and over again that I had to watch Parks and Rec. I'd like to announce that last week I officially finished every episode. Everyone was right--it's hilarious and the characters are some of the best.


Everyone of my generation loves Corey and Topanga of Boy Meets World. I somehow failed to realize that I could have been watching Girl Meets World (aka the story of Corey, Topanga and their children) on Netflix too. I've watched the first few episodes and am thoroughly relieved they kept the laugh tracks, same background music and wholesome culture of the show while bringing it to modern day NYC. This is a winner.


We met with all of the Camp T counselors for their first official training session tonight. Oh holy, there are a lot of them and they are fantastic. I'm so excited about this huge group of HS students that have been chosen to lead our 7th graders around Tecumseh. Tonight they figured out their session, ordered t-shirts and learned how to teach their first set of lessons. Only 27 days till camp week.

Other Parks and Rec quotes worth quoting:

"I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things."
"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait... I worry that what you heard was: Give me a lot of bacon and eggs. What I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Do you understand?"
"I guess I kind of hate most things, but I never really seem to hate you."
"Oh my God, I wonder who else was born in Eagleton. Voldemort probably."
"Love? Love fades away. But thing? Things are forever."
"No, that's Buckingham Palace. Hogwarts is fictional. You know that right? It's very important to me that you know that."
"Own a night club, call it Eclipse, only open it for one hour two times a year. Cover charge? 5 thousand dollars."
"Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, pizza is knowledge. Let's go!"
"If you rearrange the letters of Peru, you get Europe."
"Just remember, every time you look up at the moon, I too will be looking at a moon. But not the same moon obviously, that's impossible."
"Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat. And cats are useless."

No comments:

Post a Comment