Wednesday, September 9, 2015

"She just walked into the bathroom while I was pooping."

The time has finally arrived. Friendship Bracelet Club begins tomorrow afternoon. FBC is back people. This year will be crazier than ever with friends from HSJH and the HS coming over to the Clubhouse to hang out with us. Tomorrow will be wild. 

My FitBit steps have sure taken a toll on my friendship bracelet making habits. (Let me know if you figure out a way I can bracelet while walking around.) But after not making a bracelet all summer long, I'm officially back to my old ways. You'll find me once again with an in-progress-bracelet in my bag or knotting away during leadership meetings. 


For an unprecedented third week in a row, Wyld Life Campaigners met tonight. We've gotten used to this whole Campaigners-every-week routine and will definitely miss it next week. I love seeing my 8th grade friends like Sarah, Kim and Jayla show up, talking with my students Ashley, Olivia, Evie, Ellison, Claire and Brooke and getting to know new friends like Madi, Marcella and Jewel. So many friends. 


Jayla is an 8th grader that I was lucky enough to have in class last year. Now we're both at the Clubhouse and she makes sure to visit me in the hall a few times a day. She is consistently impressing me with how brave she is, the way she works to be the kind of friend she wants to have and how she's pursuing a life of adventure and whimsy by making it happen. She's a rock star.


A pile of shoes by the door. I love that. It reminds me of my early YL days in MI when we would switch houses for Club every single week. In Carmel we'd have piles of shoes by the door in the house we'd meet at for Campaigners every Monday. Meeting at the Barn or Mama Bear's is awesome, but this pile of shoes is just so Young Life. I love it. Each pair represents someone that decided to show up to be part of the conversation, part of the community.


At Work Crew this paint weekend I was talking with KCraig and a couple girls about how we so easily become different forms of our selves when we're in different situations or with different people. That doesn't necessarily mean you're being fake, but that you're still growing and maturing and figuring out who you are. I love this Brennan Manning quote Smoon sent me today. This is the goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment