Monday, February 13, 2017

"I just don't know if this friendship is going to work. She likes Dasani."

One of my favorite humans of all times is Rachel Phillips. Today I was completely shocked when she showed up at Young Life. She goes to Taylor University these days, which is just a short drive away, and decided to come surprise me post-birthday.  Lucky me, I got to stick by her side for the rest of the night. So many people in this YL family were thrilled to see this girl. 



Max Kibble is a HS Wyld Life leader and an incredible guy. Tonight was a big night because for the first time ever, his little brother Sam came to Young Life with him. Sam goes to Fishers HS while Max goes to HSE.  I know that Max's prayer for his little bro is that he will have the leaders and friends and community of YL that have changed his own life. It was so cool to get to see them at the barn together tonight. 



Kaylee is my home girl. Friends since we bonded at the dance party during her 8th grade Washington DC Trip, she's always had a chunk of my heart. We got so much closer this past summer on Wilderness and have been intentional about our friendship this year. Last week she told me, "I want to spend the time I have left in Fishers with the people I care about most." I admire her heart and the ways she prioritizes her friends. 



My sweet friend Olivia has faithfully been coming to Young Life all year long. She's a freshmen and was quickly befriend by upperclassman girls like Cassidy and Sydni. Olivia is shy at first and I have so much respect for her consistency in being here every week. But tonight, Olivia was joined by her best friend Brooklyn (who I'm also a huge fan of). Olivia was visibly elated to have Brooklyn by her side and they both smiled the whole night. 



The Young Life family is full of stories and connections like these. I love that we really know one another-- we care about each other and show up all week long. These are the people we do life with in both the good and the bad. There's no place I'd rather be then right here with my girls. I think this is what I was meant to do. 


I took a screenshot of these words last week and I keep coming back to them...

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use it as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever. In its place is something that you have left behind. Let it be something good."

Keep doing good my friends. Live a life worthy of the calling. Invest in your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment