Thursday, February 23, 2017

"This morning my dog put his tongue in my cereal."

"Hey Miss Wright, we were just practicing our model poses."


6th period every single day. That smile. She sure makes being a teacher fun.


Lucy Dewolf just might be my spirit animal. This was totally me as a 7th grader. I love this kid. We need to plan our next dishwasher date ASAP.


Friendship Bracelet Club was all business today-- lots of friendship and lots of braceleting. We skipped the tables and just sat in a giant circle. Girls were helping each other learn patterns, we did our highs and lows of the day and, like usual, House Party was the soundtrack of the day.


FBC is a lifestyle. This hour with these girls is always one of the best parts of the whole week.


Tonight I took my pals Fudge, Shub and Gidget on a cultural experience right down Binford Blvd to Taco & Burrito Place. I've been dreaming of these tacos and quac since I was here with Smooney a few weeks ago. When I stepped up to the counter to order the man recognized me right away without prompting, "Hey! You came back!" he said. "Yes! And I brought more friends!"


We shared a feast and every bite was delicious. This is what dreams are made of. We're going to become regulars around here.


New mantra for life: 
"At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling."

No comments:

Post a Comment