Thursday, May 18, 2017

"Do you know how long it takes the body to make a red blood cell?!"

It's the end of an era. Friendship Bracelet Club has gathered for the last time this school year at the Clubhouse. Our girl gang sat together in a giant circle, shared highs and lows, worked on bracelets and plotted a summer edition of FBC is Brooks School Park. 


Our dream came true today-- Ellie's chinchilla Ozzie came to FBC!!!! After months of trying to get a chinchilla and then weeks of hoping to meet the softest animal in the world it finally happened!



I'm so thankful for this crew of girls (and those who are still at Track) that I've spent Thursday afternoons with this year. From chanting "Falcon Frost!" to climbing on the Clubhouse sign by Olio, bringing Mr. Amones and Mrs. Lippe to FBC and delivering locker bracelets on National FBC day. We've had a freak ton of fun together.


I've got two weeks of bracelet making left before I retire for the summer. Today I started the Friendship Bracelet Draft, kind of like the NFL Draft that's going on. After building the stockpile all year, I'm figuring out who gets each bracelet this summer at Tecumseh and Timber Wolf.


Tonight I got to have a reunion with my old roommates Emel and Colleen aka two of the funniest people you'll ever meet. I love that we always meet at Arni's, talk about our projects we've been working on and look forward to what's coming next.


Honorable Mention Blog Title:
"I shouldn't have to do this-- I didn't commit to running! I committed to dating!"

No comments:

Post a Comment