Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Friday


Normally on Fridays everyone can't wait to get out of work and get started on the weekend but today I was so excited to watch the Panther talent show. It's my favorite event of the year. We're used to seeing these kids in class and walking through the halls but it's another thing to see them on stage performing. It's so cool to see shy students suddenly shine on stage as they sing or tap dance or play the piano. I got to sit up on the ledge of the cafeteria wall with 8th grade girls on one side and teachers on the other. We had kids dance dubstep, jazz, hip-hop, ballet, tap-dancing to All Star and rhythmic gymnastics. There was an opera singer, so many singers, pianists and a violinist. With twenty-three acts the show lasts for two hours and I loved every minute of it.


I enjoyed doing nothing the rest of the night but watching Footloose and We Bought a Zoo, working on summer camp things and hanging out with Lizzy Dale. Not gonna lie, I did have a moment of wishing I was at a Friday night campfire because they're getting so close, but this was pretty great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment