Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"I need to figure out how to be a stay at home mom without actually being a mom."

I've got a trio of early mornings this week. Waking up at 5:30 is a struggle but totally worth it when I get to come hang out with these girls to talk about Love Does and eat breakfast together before school. We picked names for our Secret Santa craft exchange today too but only have a week to make them before we trade.
 

School was really fun today. I played the viola during first period because I somehow still remember how to play Twinkle, Twinkle. Sydney and Kate sat on stage with me during C Lunch while we ran the Lebu Library table. During SLT a kid delivered an extra piece of pizza to me from their class party. I passed out Young Life shirts to kids in the Junior High and they were all ecstatic to get them. Emma put hers on right away and wore it the rest of the day.


This afternoon I picked up Katy and Hope after school to hang out. I hadn't seen Katy in a couple weeks and it'd been even longer since I've hung out with Hope. These girls are some of the best. If I was in HS I'd definitely want to be best friends with both of them because they're so kind, creative, loyal, helpful, trustworthy and they live with character.


This afternoon we ate chips and salsa, wrote "Top 10 Things I'd Do All Day As A Stay At Home Mom Without Any Kids," traded friendship bracelets with Hope, read quotes from "Kisses from Katie" and talked about what we want to be like when we grow up.


Tonight I met with Joel to talk about CILTs and summer camp-- two of my very favorite things. I'm thankful for a boss that wants to see the program grow, who trusts my experience, challenges me to think of doing things differently and supports new ideas. Now I've got a few projects to work on and a few ideas to keep exploring. CILTs 2014 might look a little bit different and include some awesome new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment