Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"Don't smile guys, school spirit is serious."

HSJH recently won the title of Blue Ribbon School. It's a National award that's a very big deal--we're the only junior high/middle school in all of Indiana that got it this year. One of the ways we're celebrating is have a BLUE DAY today. All of the students and staff were encouraged to wear blue head to toe so I did just that. I never pass on an opportunity to wear my overalls. 


School spirit is serious business. And when you have to put on your gym shorts because you got caught wearing leggings it's ok on Blue Tuesday because it just adds to your look.


Taylor Pozzebon and Julia Patras came down to visit me at the very end of the day--I sure do miss having them in class this year. They're two of my fav 8th grade girls who are always so fun, positive and kind.


It was an incredibly lucky day because I got a visit from Liz Koch, one of my best camp friends. She's on Fall Break and touring around the midwest visiting friends. I got to show her around my school, hang out at my apartment and take her to dinner at El Rodeo. I love Liz's heart, passion for her faith, the way she leaks joy and what a good friend she is. I always leave her feeling that much happier.


When KCraig called me to come rescue her from the 8th grade football game I couldn't resist. I found her right in the middle of the student section with our girl Sydney. There are few things as crazy as a group of unattended junior high children. Those kids might be nuts but we love em'.



No comments:

Post a Comment