Friday, October 10, 2014

"It's like saying 'Can I borrow your car to go to Disney World? But you can't come.'"

Our last morning at camp flew by. While counselors finished their lessons with their study groups, I packed up all the supplies with the other teachers. Once the buses arrived we would all have to be ready to head back to school. We gathered together in the Fellowship Room (or the Dead Animal Room as HSE calls it) one more time before lunch. 


Getting to be here the past couple days with friends like BGrad, Chad and Julia was pretty awesome. Once I'm back in my classroom next week I'm going to miss this even more.


Libey, Brown and I pride ourselves on having the best of the best HS kids as counselors for this program. This was definitely a dream team.


The afternoon flew by as we loaded buses, drove back to Fishers, unpacked supplies and said good bye to all the kids. Back at home I luckily squeezed in a nap before heading to the first ever HSE v Cathedral football game. I know more Cathedral kids than any other HS in Indy because of Tecumseh CILTs and old students that moved there. I've been so excited for this game when everyone would be in the same place.

We had a mini-camp-counselor reunion right away with Lauren, Natty and Haleigh.


Seniors like Courtney, Lauryn, Kylie and Sam are always some of the most welcoming people in the whole student section.


Julia and Cassidy both have hearts of gold and I'm such a fan of both of them.


Unlike the HSE v Fishers game, there was a ton of room in the stands and it was so much easier to visit the Sophomores in the middle of the stands.


I got to see some of my favorite freshmen guys--Rut Rut, John Kay and Johnny Miller. I was so excited to see Lucy Newell, one of the sweetest students I've ever had.


The best part about playing Cathedral was getting to see Brookie be a cheerleader. Julia and I ran over to her side of the field before the game started so we could talk to her. During the actual game I loved seeing her juggle her pom poms and dance in between cheers.


Luckily I got to see the HSE cheerleaders too including Hannah, Abigail, Abby and Madison.


There may have been a smaller student section tonight but I still got to see so many great people. Emily Lorch and Ellie Fitzgerald...


Audrey Fitz and Audrey Renshaw...


Alli King...


Hannah and Jenna and their group of Juniors...


Chloe Green, Grace and Kate and Ellie from Session 1 CILT Pack,


the one and only Emily Cherdown For What, Hadley and Laura...


Molly, Kaitlyn and Maddy from Cathedral...


and more Camp T counselors like Megan, Brian, Lauren, Lauryn, Natty, Saba and Julia. I really did miss seeing the 8th graders all week while I was at Tecumseh so I made a point to stop in the Jr High Land to see some of them too. I left the game early with some of my fav Seniors for a late dinner at Steak n Shake-- perfect ending to the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment