Thursday, October 23, 2014

"Yeah, I don't think I've washed my hair in like... 6 days. Sleep is just more important."

I spent my morning and afternoon in meetings with all of the teachers from all three HSE Junior Highs. Not quite what I'd describe as really fun. The highlights were going to lunch with Jeannie, Jan and Lori, figuring out my passwords to my ipad and finishing friendship bracelets while I listened to  speakers. 

I kept up my running for the week and killed my time. I forgot how fun it is to run fast and improve your time. It also helps that I'm perfecting my running playlist with the best from Taylor Swift, Kesha and Superchick.

Based on Ellyn's suggestion, Taylor Porter and I met for dinner at Blaze in Carmel. Think Subway, but pizza. You can order one of their pizzas or build your own with as many toppings as you want for only $7. It's a pretty fabulous deal. Taylor and I both made our own pizzas and loaded them up. I stuck with my classic pepperoni, tomato and pesto while Taylor picked just about every single topping available. 


Taylor was one of my very first Young LIfe girls and has been such an important friend for the past six years. Despite the age difference, she's someone that speaks truth into my life and inspires me to love Jesus the way that she does. I value the time we have to just sit and hear one another's hearts. She's someone that really listens and asks good questions and doesn't just say what you might want her too. Taylor is also hilarious and so full of life. I'm such a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment