Sunday, October 5, 2014

"When I was in the American Girl doll fashion show I cried because they wouldn't let me be Kit. I just didn't understand. I get it now. They made me be Josephina and Kaya because I wasn't black enough to be Addy."

This weekend I was talking to a friend about describing life as full rather than busy. Being "busy" has such a negative connotation and I often feel like people use it to rationalize that their life has meaning and purpose and they're giving more effort than the next guy. But aren't we all busy? Isn't there more to life than that?

Instead, I want to live a life that's full. I want my days to be packed with friendships and creativity and time to breath as well as time for adventure. I was to spot joy in each day and to work on things I care about. This weekend was full. 



Friday morning started early with this group of rock star 8th grade girls. I love that this is a regular routine in our lives together.


It was a half day for the kids but I was at school for 3 hours of meetings and then 3 hours of finishing Camp T prep-- that time felt a lot more like busy than full.

Friday night I got to hang out with Katy, Hope, Abby, Cecilia, Jules and Natalie as we ate good food, made best friend necklaces and bracelets and watched movies.

Saturday morning I got to meet with KCraig and some of our HS Wyld Life leaders for bible study at Mama Bear's. I'm so thankful for this time together.


It was KCraig's birthday so it was extra special that we all got to be together. This woman is one of my favorite people from her ridiculously loud laugh to her ability to go with the flow in the middle of the craziest situations. She's my friendship-braceleting, Diet-Coke-drinking, Young-Life-leading, Jesus-loving partner in crime. 

 

Krafty was in town just for the weekend to surprise his dad for his birthday party and his sister hosted a lunch so that he could see a ton of his friends. He lives out in Montana these days so it was so good to see him, talk about YL and play with his nieces Cam and Bella.

Saturday night I went back to Mama Bear's for a Team Luke concert. The whole Andritsch fam was there which was good because it's also Grace's birthday! She may just be a Junior in HS but Grace is someone that I so admire and respect. I love her heart and the way she leaks Jesus in all that she does.


I got a phone call from screaming girls in the middle of the afternoon and then heard the news repeated several more times from Audrey that, "WE WON STATE! WE'RE STATE CHAMPIONS!" The Jr High girls cross country team won state that morning and they couldn't be more thrilled.

I also got to hang out with Katy and Hope for the second night this weekend which was totally fine with me.


Sunday morning I picked up Cook, Chloe and Kayla to go to iTown church. It's super hipster and trendy and I had to come see what it was all about. I loved that Nat Rat was driving one of the golf cart shuttles and that we saw Audrey, Lisa, Kocher, Chad, Jacob, JD and Muntch inside. 

I ran into Grace Gregor, CILT session 1, at Target which was such a treat. I'm such a fan of this girl. Can't wait to see all my Cathedral girls at the football game Friday.


I got to see Rhys, a Tecumseh rock star, at her birthday party at Sky Zone this afternoon. We've been pen pals for awhile now and I got a birthday invite in the mail from her a couple weeks ago. I loved getting to see her and have so much fun jumping around and playing dodge ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment