Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Is it true you built Mt. Wood with a swiss army knife and friendship bracelet string?"

Abby is a Junior now but I still vividly remember her being a student in my class with a binder covered in inspirational and motivational quotes from her swim team. She's incredibly driven and I have no doubt that she will do big things in this world. I loved having the opportunity to talk to her during session 1 about everything from our love of J Crew statement necklaces to her college dreams.


Session 1 rolled out right after lunch in the buses that had just dropped off all the kids and counselors of Session 2. The week is half over but the fun for this group is just getting started. Lauren, Saba, Isa and Natty are all Seniors that I've known since they were little 7th graders and we've stayed close ever since. I'm so excited for them to live up year 3 as counselors.


I've been so excited for this crew to arrive because more of the counselors that I know really well, mostly through Young Life, are all in this group. The next three days with them will be awesome.


KCraig is here now as a cabin parent which is pretty fantastic. She even showed up with a fountain Diet Coke for me. A whole bunch of our Wyld Life girls are in this new crew too.


I'm such a fan of girls like Emily and Grace. Eliza and Sarah are both summer camp campers and they have a special appreciation for this place.



The whole new crew of sophomore counselors is stoked--Nick, Erin, Kaelyn, Leah, Julia, Savannah and Ally will all do an awesome job.


I love all these Senior girls-- Libby, Saba, Lauren, Isa, Lauryn, Natty, Megan and Peyton. They influence this group with so much enthusiasm and creativity.


During rec time I convinced a whole crew of counselors and kids to play Ultimate Challenge, one of my very favorite games. Nothing beats organized chaos and creative counseling.



A new Session means new teachers too. Rungethistown, Tucker and Beesley are going to be starting a boy band with Libey. Chad is a rock star counselor and always my team mate for Team Young Life, Team America and Team Tecumseh.


I think Peyton Allan wins the prize for best group outfits this year-- I'm such a fan of these ponchos and sombreros. *Honorable mentions go to Ally's Camo Campers' tshirts, Devoe's wolf shirts and Saba's q-tip crowns.


I'm so glad that Julia is a counselor this year--her kids are lucky to be in her group. She's got Emily, one of my sweetest students this semester.


After dinner we played 4-Team Capture The Flag in Main Field again. My crew came to win.


Lauren, Emily Lorch, Saba, Haleigh, Haley and Alyssa are all pretty fantastic and make this trip so fun.



I love how 7th grade girls often travel in packs. This group of them is pretty awesome.


Once again, Just Dance was entertaining and sweat-inducing. Team 2 took home the victory and the team record of the week with 12 total points.


The counselors gathered in the Lodge late at night for pizza but the greatest part wasn't the food. Scott serenaded everyone with old school hits like Oh What A Night and Bohemian Rhapsody. I also got to Shake It Off with all my Young Life friends so you know it was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment