Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"I don't smell-- I just put on hand sanitizer."

One of my favorite things during summer camp is the time before lunch when I get to sit with campers on the bench by 4-square and talk. Today during our rec time I found myself sitting with Sydney and Ellie. I have Sydney in class and just met Ellie yesterday--these girls are both so sweet and so enthusiastic about being here. Talking with them was one of my favorite parts of the day.


It's kind of awesome having the school split into two groups because I get to spend more time with everyone than I would if they were here all at once. I've loved seeing Hannah and Meredith all over the place, talking with Garrick about his perceptions, heckling Lucy for following me around and seeing fun kids like Kaelin that I have in class next semester. I'll miss counselors like Abby, Rachel, Maggie, Rachel, Emma and Anna after they leave tomorrow.


Tonight veteran counselors Sophie and Sammi came back to visit from Purdue. They're rock stars and were fabulous counselors for the three years they were in this program. I loved having them here and getting to hang out with them through out the night.


We give the counselors a snack every night before they go back to their cabins. Tonight's treat was cupcakes and cookie cake. Unfortunately before everyone got some food Rachel Nigh sat on the edge of a table and brought down the whole table and all of the cupcakes that were on it. Only Rachel...



We managed to save some of them though, don't worry. It was a late night as Libey, Brown and I took the Seniors on a special adventure. Tomorrow may be the end of Session 1 but it's just the start of Session 2.

**Honorable mention blog title- "I'm jam packed full of talent."

No comments:

Post a Comment