Wednesday, October 1, 2014

GIRLS RULE! BOYS DROOL!

Today the three HSE Junior High cross country teams competed-- Riverside, Fishers and HSJH. They conveniently ran right beside the HSE HS so I got to cheer on my HSE kids and Lily from Riverside. Maggie, Maddy, Pidgeon and I were some of the cheerleaders that cris-crossed the field so that we could keep yelling for our friends. 


Lulu and Lilly rocked it, Audrey destroyed her PR and Elise matched her best time of the season. It was a great race. I hurried over to the Barn for my first Wyld Life event of the school year. Oh holy have I missed hanging out with this crew.


I'm beyond thankful for our HS leaders-- Audrey, Marie, Alyssa, Hannah, Alli Bell, Jenna, Katie, Natty B, Grace, Blaire, Nat Rat, Rachel, BGrad, Brock, Brannt, Jacob and Tristan-- that show up and love our kids. It's pretty phenomenal to see them grow in their faith this year as they willingly serve, attend church, take part in our bible study and strive to live out all that they're learning and believe. 


Their enthusiasm is contagious and they bring so much life to what we're doing. KCraig and I are already talking about how much we love these Seniors and how it'll be rough when they head off to college next year. For now, we're going to spend as much time as we can with these homies.


Grace, Audrey, Natalie, Blaire and Haleigh are all part of my cloud of witnesses-- people that are following God and pointing me back to Christ. We're not perfect and we don't have it all figured out yet, but we're pushing on to the goal and living life to the full.



We were ready and amped when our Junior High kids started to show up. Natalie, Cecilia and Alaina were as hyper as ever.


Maddy and Maggie made a pit stop for pink shirts after the cross country race and made it to club with time to spare. It was their first time to the Barn so I gave them a tour which included scrunching into the cubbies.



I was so excited to see Lucy, Sydney, Julia and Rachel all show up. I've been living life with the 8th graders for a year now through class, bible studies and camp. They're my homies and I'm such a fan of all of them.


Before Club officially started the HS leaders played some Little Sally Walker in the field and had a keep-the-balloon-up-in-the-air competition.


Junior High is pretty darn special. How could you not want to hang out with these crazies?



We sang screamed some Shake It Off and Don't Stop Believing at the start of Club. There were dozens of pink and blue balloons around the room that were consistently being popped. Alaina and the Cefalis yelled on the microphones. Classic Wyld Life.





We played some Lover's Leap. In the Boys v Girls Relay Race participants traded off applying make up, shaving a balloon, putting on a dress and heels and shooting a free throw. The girls were victorious.





In you case you hadn't heard yet, KCraig is now the Wyld Life director for HSE. She's fantastic. I can't tell you how thankful I am for her guidance, enthusiasm, relational heart, desire to serve, prayers and willingness to be real with people. This program has already grown in depth and width this year because of her heart and work.


Tim Buck and Tim Buck 2 (aka BFizzle and TGold) came out next for the premier of their skit.These two are a riot.

I'm Tim Buck, and I'm Tim Buck 2.
And we say, "How do you do?"
We live in the Hawthorne's by Hole 7. Our tree house in the woods is our own piece of heaven.
We fish in the retention pond and we shoot like James Bond.
Roudin' up the squirrels is our passion and rockin' these Jordans is our fashion.
Yo, we straight cashin.
Skies out, thighs out. #blessedbaconbits


I'm excited for this skit to continue all year and to add in our villains BGrad and Jenna in the coming weeks.


Tim Buck and Tim Buck 2 pulled up their friends Isaiah, MJ, Lucy and Meredith to spit some worms to bring them back to life. The first three kids all spit gummy worms and then MJ had a real live one that Tim Buck 2 dug up out in the yard. It was the live worm that spit the furthest.


Our last song of the night was Prince of Peace and you better believe all the Camp T kids in the crowd were belting it out. It made me camp sick for the Green Cathedral.


I got to give the Club Talk tonight and shared about running the race with Christ and what that looks like. I told them about other people who inspire me in my race and how we're all in this together.

Isaiah 40:31 
But they who wait for the Lord will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not be weary.


Philippians 3:13-14
 I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.


Hebrews 12:1

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

I'm so thankful for all of these kids and that we get to live this adventure together. I'm glad that the 8th graders like Lucy Trede, Julia, Liza and Lucy Collins love Wyld Life so much and that Sarah and Sydney are just getting into it. You can't have a bad night at Wyld Life Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment