Monday, March 16, 2015

"Aaron climbed on the freaking roof!"

Highs of the day:

1. In first period I had a push up contest against 7th grader Jackie. I won. 

2. It's free cone day at Dairy Queen today so I found some kids to hit it up with me after my run. Unfortunately our cones weren't free... we're still confused about that. But it was really fun to hang out with Lauren, Sydney, Mer, Lauren and Ben. 







3. Leadership upstairs with all of the adult leaders. Dinner was delicious, we caught up on life and ran through the lesson. Doing life with these people is great. 


4. I always love the start of Campaigners as all of our kids show up. I was so happy to see Julia and Olivia, Hannah and Katie, Cass and Madison and so many more kids. I love when I text them to remind them about YL and they say, "Of course I'll be there!"


5. Jackie and Jeanette's small group combined with us tonight adding more voices and perspectives to the conversation. We're talking about the events leading up to and surrounding the crucifixion-- Jesus praying in the Garden, the Last Supper, the criminals nailed beside Jesus. Each Easter we walk back through these stories remembering what Jesus did for us, what it might have been like to be there, what that means for us now.


6. Krafty's YL area had Minute To Win It Club tonight and gave away these trophies. Wouldn't you want to bring home pride and one of these?


7. This old blog post from Glennon Doyle Melton called Your Body Is Not Your Masterpiece. I sent it on to several YL and Tecumseh girls tonight because it's a message I think they all should hear. "Your body is not your offering. It’s just a really amazing instrument which you can use to create your offering each day."

No comments:

Post a Comment