Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"I always wanted to go to Target wearing khakis and a red polo and linger in the aisles fixing displays. Then when someone asks me where something is I'd be like, 'I don't work here.'"

Reasons Today Is Awesome

1. Once a year our school has a Staff v. Student Basketball Game. The 8th grade guys team battles against a crew of teachers that throw on Panthers jerseys and usually win the game. Teachers announce the game, run the scoreboard and organize half time competitions. I love that we have a school that's excited about being involved. This year the proceeds kicked off our Pennies for Patients Campaign that will raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'm not really a sports player so I was happy to hang out in the bleachers with kids like Natalie, Maddie and Sydney.


2. Young Life leaders pursue kids but I love when kids reach out to us and ask to meet up. Tonight I went to dinner with Erin, one of the girls that I've been leading for the past four years. We've gone to camp together a couple times and she's a regular at Campaigners. I'm thankful that when we get to talk with the two of us she's always real, vulnerable and honest.

3. SHAUNA'S NEW BOOK HAS ARRIVED! Shauna Niequist has been one of my favorite authors since I was a Junior in college and her writing is always full of wisdom, beauty and truth. Her newest book  is a year full of daily devotions with verses, questions and a sprinkling of recipes. I'm excited to dive into these pages and I'm sure many will become parts of devotions and Campaigners in the future. 


4. I'm re-watching all of Grey's Anatomy right now. It's always been one of my favorite shows but I'm re-falling in love with all of these characters. I'm near the end of Season 8 right now which has all the drama of the boards and the plane crash and oh holy people it's just nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment