Thursday, March 12, 2015

"I just found out that Good Riddance doesn't mean the same thing as See Ya Later Alligator."

Today is my sweet friend Sydney Lorey's birthday. I got the privilege of picking her up before school with Julia to have a Starbucks date. Julia brought her a peacock birthday bracelet and I gave her a new favorite canvas. She brings so much joy to everyone around her-- teachers, classmates, YL leaders, HS friends-- so it was easy to want to add to her celebration today. 


We did some Sporcle trivia at the start of FBC, listened to old school Taylor Swift and then I talked with these 8th graders while we worked on bracelets. #themaggiegibson


Did you know that National Friendship Bracelet Day is only a couple weeks away? We can't wait for the 6th anniversary. This crew of Junior High kids will be ready to party and hopefully several of our alumni will come back to visit that day too.


Tonight KCraig and I went to see Legally Blonde the Musical at the High School. "Ohmygod, ohmygod you guys," it was fantastic. Ciarra joined us in our row and I laughed the whole show. After teaching for this many years, I recognized 90% of the kids on stage which made it that much more entertaining.


If you're a Fishers person, you've got to go check out the show this week. Sam, Isa, Maggie, Avery, Abigail, Alyssa, Lauren and the rest of our friends did a fabulous job and have all practiced so hard. If you love the movie you will love this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment