Monday, March 9, 2015

"Yeah, I like when hair falls out of my braid because then it keeps this ear warm."

I was inspired to do some painting this weekend for two friends of mine. These words fit them perfectly so hopefully they'll really love what I made. Whenever I paint it always reminds me of going to an art class with the kids I was student teaching in college. I sat down to paint with them and was obviously having fun. The art teacher came over to me and said, "It's good for the soul isn't it?" Painting something, creating something, is always good.


At the Lock Out this weekend we gave new bibles to every Junior High kid. Today at school I got this text from Brooke, one of the girls in my group, "I'm out sick today and I have been looking through my bible for the past 30 minutes. As I was looking through I fell in love with Luke 6:35-36." This is what we're talking about people. This is God in action.

Luke 6: 35-36

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High,because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. (NIV)

I tell you, love your enemies. Help and give without expecting a return. You’ll never—I promise—regret it. Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we’re at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind. (Message)


Monday nights are Young Life nights. Last week my Campaigners group met at my apartment but tonight we were back in our regular spot. Though it's just over an hour together, it's one of the best hours of the whole week.

Erin, Anne, Julia, Jayde, Megan, Olivia, Kegley, Cass, Hannah, Kait, Natty, Katie, Hannah, Es, Chloe and I shared our highs and lows, dug through the bible, talked about our own lives and prayed together. This past week at church the pastor spoke about how we're the Framily (friends + family) of God. These girls are a huge part of my framily.


Tonight we recognized that Spring Break is quickly approaching and that the Seniors only have 88 days till they graduate. It's wild. I remember the end of my Senior year was marked by Decathalon competitions, the Senior water balloon fight, going to Willowcreek with my youth group one last time, writing the Senior edition of the school newspaper, riding a scooter through the halls and spending so much time with my friends. I hope that my girls will fill up their last few months with their own adventures, capers and fun.


Next year the Senior girls from our group will be attending SLU, Alabama and IU and I know they'll do great things. Until then, I'm going to soak up this time we have together.

Framily forever.
Being weird forever.
Hugs and hand holding and friendship bracelets forever.



Today I leave you with "The Evolution of Chloe Being Really Weird."

No comments:

Post a Comment